History of McTeigue & McClelland
Founded in New York in 1895, Walter P. McTeigue & Company designed and manufactured fine handmade precious jewelry becoming one of the important jewelers of the 20th century. Always behind the scenes, the firm produced their designs for the finest retailers such as Tiffany & Company, J.E. Caldwell, C.D. Peacock, Black, Starr & Frost and Shreve, Crump & Low. To this day the McTeigue hallmark is a symbol recognized for exquisite design and craftsmanship.
Walter J. McTeigue, Jr.
After studying medicine Walter J. McTeigue, Jr. joined the firm bringing fresh creative energy and talent as a designer. Walter had an uncompromising eye for beauty and quality in design and craftsmanship but his real love was finding and dealing in the finest precious stones.
In 1990, Tiffany & Co. purchased the assets of McTeigue & Company and retired the name. In 1998, Walter J. McTeigue, III and Tim McClelland founded McTeigue & McClelland and continue the tradition of designing and making beautiful handmade jewelry using the finest diamonds and gemstones available.